Two Ingredient Pizza Dough
Welcome, pizza lovers! Let’s talk about the magic of two ingredient pizza dough. With this dough, you can create a delicious homemade pizza in no time. Say goodbye to delivery and frozen pizzas; this recipe is a game-changer.
We’ll explore the different variations of this amazing dough, answer common questions, and walk you through the process of making your very own two ingredient pizza dough.
- Two ingredient pizza dough is a quick, easy, and healthy alternative to traditional dough, using just flour and Greek yogurt.
- This dough can be adapted to different variations, including options without yogurt, with added salt, or Weight Watchers-friendly versions.
- Greek yogurt contributes moisture, acidity, and protein to the dough, resulting in a tender, chewy crust with a slightly tangy flavor.
The Basic Two Ingredient Pizza Dough Recipe #
The two main ingredients for pizza dough are as simple as they come:
- Greek yogurt
That’s right, just these two ingredients create a tasty and healthy alternative to traditional yeast-based doughs. No yeast, no problem!
Why is Two Ingredient Dough Healthier? #
This dough is healthier because it doesn’t require added sugar, oil, or other unhealthy ingredients that can be found in store-bought doughs. The Greek yogurt also adds a boost of protein, making it more nutritious than traditional doughs. If you’re interested in learning more about pizza dough science, check out our article here on how to get the perfect pizza base.
Does Two Ingredient Dough Taste Good? #
Absolutely! While the taste may be slightly different from traditional pizza dough, it still delivers a satisfying and delicious pizza experience. If you’re looking for a more traditional pizza taste, check out our article on how to get the perfect sourdough pizza crust.
Popular Variations of Two Ingredient Pizza Dough #
There are several variations of this simple dough that you might come across, including:
- 2 ingredient pizza dough (no yogurt)
- 3 ingredient pizza dough yogurt
- 2 ingredient pizza dough yogurt
- 2 ingredient pizza dough ww (Weight Watchers friendly)
- Greek yogurt pizza dough without self-rising flour
We’ll cover the most common variations and how to make them below.
2 Ingredient Pizza Dough (No Yogurt) #
If you’re not a fan of Greek yogurt or have dietary restrictions, you can still make a fantastic 2 ingredient pizza dough using:
This dough will be a bit denser and less flavorful than the yogurt version, but it’s still a great option for a quick and easy pizza base.
3 Ingredient Pizza Dough Yogurt #
If you want to add a little extra flavor and texture to your dough, you can create a 3 ingredient pizza dough by adding a pinch of salt to the basic 2 ingredient recipe.
2 Ingredient Pizza Dough WW (Weight Watchers) #
For those following the Weight Watchers program, this dough is a fantastic low-point option. Simply use whole wheat flour and non-fat Greek yogurt to create a dough that’s both healthy and delicious.
Greek Yogurt Pizza Dough: How to Make It #
Let’s walk through the process of making a 2 ingredient pizza dough with Greek yogurt.
- 1 cup of self-rising flour (or whole wheat flour for a healthier option)
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt (non-fat or low-fat)
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and Greek yogurt. Mix until a shaggy dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead it for a few minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic. If your dough is too sticky, add a little more flour.
- Preheat your oven to 475°F (245°C).
- Roll out the dough to your desired thickness and place it on a pizza stone or baking sheet.
- Add your favorite pizza sauce and toppings.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Greek Yogurt Pizza Dough in Grams #
For those who prefer measuring ingredients by weight, here’s the conversion:
- 160 grams of all-purpose flour
- 240 grams of Greek yogurt
Common Questions & Answers #
Let’s address some common questions about 2 ingredient pizza dough.
Can You Make Pizza Dough with Just Flour?
While you can technically make a dough with just flour and water, it won’t have the same flavor or texture as dough made with Greek yogurt. The yogurt adds a tangy flavor and a tender, chewy texture that’s difficult to achieve with just flour and water.
Can I Add Egg to 2 Ingredient Dough?
You certainly can! Adding an egg to the dough will result in a richer and slightly more tender crust. However, it’s important to note that adding an egg will make the dough stickier, so you may need to add a bit more flour to achieve the right consistency.
Why is My 2 Ingredient Dough So Sticky?
The stickiness of your dough is likely due to the moisture content in the Greek yogurt. If your dough is too sticky, simply add a little more flour until you reach the desired consistency.
How Long Can I Leave 2 Ingredient Dough in the Fridge?
You can store 2 ingredient dough in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. If you don’t plan to use it within that timeframe, it’s best to freeze the dough for later use.
What Does Yogurt Do to Dough?
Yogurt adds moisture, acidity, and protein to the dough. This results in a tender, chewy crust with a slightly tangy flavor. The acidity in yogurt also helps to break down the gluten in the flour, making the dough easier to work with.
What Can I Use Instead of Greek Yogurt in Pizza Dough?
If you don’t have Greek yogurt or prefer not to use it, there are a few alternatives you can try:
- Regular yogurt: You can use regular yogurt instead of Greek yogurt, but you may need to add a bit more flour to achieve the right consistency.
- Sour cream: Sour cream is a great alternative to Greek yogurt, but it can be higher in fat and calories. Be sure to adjust the amount of flour as needed.
- Buttermilk: This tangy liquid can be used in place of Greek yogurt, but you’ll likely need to add more flour to achieve the right dough consistency.
2 Ingredient Pizza Dough for One #
If you’re only making pizza for yourself, you can easily adjust the recipe to make a single serving:
- 1 1/4 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
Follow the same instructions as the full recipe, and enjoy your personal-sized pizza!
In Conclusion #
2 ingredient pizza dough is an incredibly simple, healthy, and tasty alternative to traditional pizza dough. With various recipe options and the ability to customize it to your preferences, this dough is perfect for any pizza lover looking to make a delicious homemade pizza. So go ahead, roll up your sleeves and give this fantastic dough a try!